1) Will be positive, supportive and ethical in my actions to each and every person (players, coaches, other spectators) on my team as well all individuals on the opposing team.
2) Understand that there is no guaranteed playing time and accept that the coaches, and only the coaches, determine positions and playing times.
3) Parents must respect the 24 hour rule: if communication with team coach is necessary, please wait 24 hours after competition to initiate communication so that emotions are reduced and communication can be more productive.
4) Will not attempt to “coach” players from the sidelines, because players must listen to their coaches and their instructions.
5) Will learn the rules of the game to better understand decisions of the coaches and game officials.
6) Will appreciate the time and energies donated by the team manager and team representatives, and cooperate with their requests.
7) Will follow the communication guidelines set out by the Club, that is:
1: Manager or coach of Team
2: Area/Division Director
3: Program Director
4: Boys or Girls Director of Coaching
5: Vice President of Youth Soccer
8) Will set a positive example for the players by respecting game officials and accepting their decisions, whether they are agreed with or not. Encourage fair play, good sportsmanship, competitive play, and cheering instead of yelling. (Aparent acting-out in a foul or abusive manner during any game can also be ejected from the field with a red card resulting in a sendoff penalty against the team as well as a personal suspension and a possible fine pending a hearing from their respective League A&D Committee).
9) Will refrain from: questioning, criticizing or abusing officials, taunting or booing players or officials, using profanity or degrading gestures, coaching from the sidelines.
10) Will pay my child’s dues on time to ensure he/she is eligible to play.
11) Understand that Texas law requires me to report any suspicion of abuse or neglect of a child, and that FC Dallas and its staff are bound by the Safe Sport Act with regard to incidents of potential abuse. If you have any questions about this, please contact email@example.com.
12) Will adheare to all club protocals related to public health and safety (including social distancing, masks, limitations on access due to COVID-19 as directed by club).
NOTE: In competitive soccer, if any “non-player”, i.e. parent, friend, etc. is asked to leave the sidelines by the referee due to misbehavior, verbal or otherwise, and does not comply the COACH may then be instructed to leave – leaving the team without a coach during the game.
FC Dallas Youth Player Code of Conduct
1) I will conduct myself, at all times, in a professional and sportsmanlike manner, by treating my teammates, competitors, officials, and all others involved with courtesy and respect.
2) I will, at all times, use language that is appropriate. I understand that the use of obscene language or gestures, curse words, racial slurs, gender slurs, or sexually abusive insults will not be tolerated at any time.
3) I will abide by all applicable facility and tournament rules at all times and will act in a manner that is respectful of Club event and its facilities. Players will show respect for the event facilities by taking care in their actions, such as by removing trash or debris from around the bench area after each training session or game.
4) Will adhere to all club protocals related to public health and safety (including social distancing, masks, limitations on access due to COVID-19 as directed by club).
5) I will not tolerate, encourage, aid, assist, or participate in hazing of any form, whether directly or indirectly. Players must understand that hazing includes any act or situation that inflicts (or threatens to inflict) physical, emotional, or psychological pressure or injury on an individual or that purposely demeans, degrades, or disgraces an individual. Players must understand that all FC Dallas Youth players and other persons affiliated with FC Dallas Youth are subject to these same prohibitions against hazing. If a player witnesses, becomes aware of, or has information relating to any hazing incident, the player must report it to the head coach as soon as possible and cooperate with any investigation regarding the incident.
I agree to abide by the code of conduct. I understand that I play an important role in creating a positive environment for player development. Furthermore, I understand that I represent the FC Dallas professional organization in the community and as such my conduct will be appropriate and supportive of the guidelines stated above. Failure to comply with the above may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to a fine. If a fine is imposed and is not timely paid by the due date, further sanctions may result including suspension from the team or club. Removal from the club will not alleviate any outstanding financial obligations owed to FC Dallas Youth.